BPMI.org :: View topic - BPMN Training
BPMI.org Forum Index BPMI.org
Community Forum
 
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch    UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

BPMN Training

 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    BPMI.org Forum Index -> BPMN
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
sjbyrne



Joined: 14 Dec 2004
Posts: 2

PostPosted: Thu Dec 23, 2004 10:37 pm    Post subject: BPMN Training Reply with quote

Does anybody know of any companies that are training folks on the proper use of BPMN?

Thanks.
_________________
Stephen J Byrne
Director, Enterprise Architecture
The Penn Mutual Life Insurance Company
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Derek Miers



Joined: 02 Aug 2004
Posts: 45
Location: London

PostPosted: Fri Dec 24, 2004 2:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Aggh - just wrote up a fairly extensive response to your query only to have one my 'tools' decide to use the browser page to display something ... and hey presto, I have to start again.

Anyway - in answer to your question Stephen, I know I am. And I think there are a few others who have developed some training materials.

I will probably include parts of it in my workshop at the end of the DCI conference in New Orleans. (see http://www.dci.com/brochure/bpmno/schedule.asp)

But I think the real issue behind the question is one of how to develop effective process architectures. In a sense, this is a phase of analysis that needs to go on before articulating the process model(s) in BPMN (or any other notation for that matter).

This is an issue that I feel passionately about - I would be happy to talk it through with you on my return after the holidays (I will be back Jan 10th - you can contact me via email beforehand on miers@enix.co.uk).

Incidentally, you may be interested in a free BPMN modelling tool I tripped over earlier this week (available for download at http://www.m1global.org/).

In my current research (carrying out a detailed evaluation of most of the major BPMS products for BP Trends) I have come across 3 different BPM Engines that are using BPMN as their primary modeling environment interface. All of these reviews should be ready for public consumption by Feb 1st 2005.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Stephen A White



Joined: 31 Jul 2004
Posts: 67
Location: Irvine, CA, USA

PostPosted: Tue Dec 28, 2004 3:20 am    Post subject: BPMN Training Reply with quote

There are currently 19 companies listed as having products that use BPMN (http://www.bpmn.org/BPMN_Supporters.htm). Some of them might also have some training materials.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    BPMI.org Forum Index -> BPMN All times are GMT + 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum


Powered by phpBB 2.0.10 © 2001, 2002 phpBB Group