BPMI.org :: View topic - BPMN research
BPMI.org Forum Index BPMI.org
Community Forum
 
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch    UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

BPMN research

 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    BPMI.org Forum Index -> General Posts
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
Simon Brown



Joined: 10 Feb 2005
Posts: 1

PostPosted: Fri Feb 11, 2005 3:46 pm    Post subject: BPMN research Reply with quote

I'm about to spend the next month writing up a research paper for my Diploma in Management Studies, focused on BPM. I have used BPMN already to great success in communicating our investment planning process, however, in getting to the final result I explored the use of IDEF0 modelling and quickly ground to a halt! It seemed far too cumbersome for the task, and that's when I went onto Amazon and found Smith & Fingars's book on Business Process Management which was an enligtening read. I since found the BPMN specification, a free Visio template and I was off and running, and the work I've done now lends itself perfectly to writing up in my last piece of coursework. BPMN is a standard that I'd like to see adopted in our organisation, as we're currently being rolled out with Opentext's Livelink - next steps involve defining workflows, but for the purposes of being ready for BPM when it hits the mainstream, I see BPMN as being the most appropriate modelling tool.

In an attempt to start backing the argument, I was wondering if anyone had come across any research papers weighing up the user friendlinesss of process modeling using BPMN as opposed to IDEF0 or UML?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    BPMI.org Forum Index -> General Posts All times are GMT + 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

 
Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum


Powered by phpBB 2.0.10 © 2001, 2002 phpBB Group