BPMI.org :: View topic - Forum Functionality Shortages
BPMI.org Forum Index BPMI.org
Community Forum
 
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch    UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Forum Functionality Shortages

 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    BPMI.org Forum Index -> General Posts
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
Manfred Sturm



Joined: 30 Sep 2004
Posts: 13
Location: Berne, Switzerland

PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2005 6:17 pm    Post subject: Forum Functionality Shortages Reply with quote

Hi all,

the BPMI.org user forums need to get more user friendly and proactive to be used more often by it's contributors. Currently, my motivation is pretty low to use these forums, because of the low probability to get a good and fast answer. And I think this is not just due to my tricky questions. People just don't see my posts right away to give me a prompt answer.

Here my 2 suggestions:
1) I need to be able to subscribe to a whole forum, 'cos I want to monitor all it's traffic -> mailing list 'subscribe' & 'push' functionality
2) I need to be able to upload attachments (and not just link it to a place on "my web server", which I don't have)

BPMI.org strongly needs a web-based, proactive communication platform for it's workgroups and interested parties, a place where specialists meet to exchange there questions, experiences and ideas.

P.S.: Maybe I've just not seen this functionality within phpBB, so please forgive and show me.

Any comments?

Best regards
Manfred
_________________
Manfred Sturm
ITpearls Ltd.
Product Manager & Head of Services
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
lfischer



Joined: 30 Jul 2004
Posts: 31
Location: Florida

PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2005 9:18 pm    Post subject: Forum topic features Reply with quote

Hi Manfred: quick replies shown below...

1) I need to be able to subscribe to a whole forum, 'cos I want to monitor all its traffic -> mailing list 'subscribe' & 'push' functionality
[REPLY] phpBB does not currently offer this functionality to the whole fourm unless you are an administrator or moderator. You may track individual forums however, with no limit, as well as track replies.

2) I need to be able to upload attachments (and not just link it to a place on "my web server", which I don't have)
[REPLY] We intentionally removed this feature for both security and server capacity reasons. If you want an attachment posted, please send it to Philip Lee - plee@bpmi.org who will post it to BPMI.org and enter the URL into your posting.

Hope this helps -
Kind regards
Layna
_________________
Executive Director
BPMI.org
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Guest






PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2005 9:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Layna,

at least point 1) is substantial for a communication platform. Otherwise, discussions are not gaining momentum and we have to use heavy solutions like groove.net (as suggested by Derek in the "education" session"), which are only accessible by closed user groups

A mailing list infrastructure would help a lot. Please give it a second thought at BPMI.org.

Cheers
Back to top
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    BPMI.org Forum Index -> General Posts All times are GMT + 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

 
Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum


Powered by phpBB 2.0.10 © 2001, 2002 phpBB Group